In this blog, we are going to explain Oracle database adapter capabilities and how to connect Oracle Database that resides in the on-premises network.
Oracle Database Adapter capabilities
The Oracle Database Adapter enables us to integrate the Oracle database residing behind the firewall of the on-premises environment with Oracle Integration Cloud Service through use of the on-premises connectivity agent. We can also integrate the Oracle database residing on the public cloud and don’t require Agent in the picture.
The Oracle Database Adapter provides the following capabilities:
- Invocation of stored procedures.
- Support for non-JDBC (PL/SQL) datatypes in outbound invocations of stored procedures.
- Support of DML statements and SQL queries: Select, Insert, Update, and Delete.
- Support for generating XSD from pure SQL.
- Polling for new and updated records for processing in the Oracle database.
- The Oracle Database Adapter supports distributed polling and multithreading.
- Support for a logical delete polling strategy.
- Support for database fault mapping
Connection with Oracle Database
In this, we will show you how to make Oracle database connection using ICS that resides on the on-premises environment.
Below are the pre-requisite to make DB connection
- ICS agent should be installed(If not then follow the blog)
- On-premise agent should be up and running(If not please follow the blog)
- DB port should be opened on the ICS host machine
Let’s create a DB connection in ICS
- Search Oracle Database and select Oracle Database adapter
- Provide below information in the opened dialog box and Click on Create button
- Name: Any meaningful name
- Identifier: Identifier would be picked up automatically based on name, but we can edit.
- Role: Select Trigger and Invoke. We can use this DB connection as a source or target both.
- Click on Configure Connectivity, enter below information and click OK button
- Host: Database host or IP
- Port: Database port number
- SID: Database SID
- Click Configure Security, enter below and click OK button
- UserName: Database user name
- Password: Database password
- Confirm Password: Database password
- Click Configure Agent and select the available agent(TEST_AGENT_GROUP) that we created in our previous blog. Click on the Use button