The Salesforce Adapter in Oracle ICS enables you to create an integration with Salesforce CRM applications. The Salesforce adapter provides the following benefits:
- Integrates easily with the Salesforce application’s WSDL file to produce a simplified, integration-centric WSDL.
- Contacts the Salesforce application to fetch metadata information about business objects.
- Provides invoke (outbound) support for using a custom WSDL that includes custom Apex classes exposed as SOAP web services.
- Provides trigger (source) messaging support for objects through the use of the Salesforce outbound messaging WSDL.
- Callback support in trigger callback.
- Provide invoke support for CRUD (create, get, update, and destroy) operations
- Provide invoke support for Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) or Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) query operations
Some useful links
Below is the pre-requisite to create the SFDC connection
- Salesforce account credentials
- Salesforce Enterprise WSDL
Steps to generate the Enterprise WSDL:
- Login into the SFDC
- Click on the Username from the upper right corner
- Enter API from search box and Select API
Steps to create an Salesforce connection
- Login into the ICS
- Click on the Connection
- Click on the Create button
- Search Salesforce and Select Salesforce
- Select Configure Connectivity button. Select the enterprise WSDL which we have saved in the above steps and click OK
Now Salesforce connection is ready to be used in Integration.