Adding List of Values to Oracle BIP Report
In this article, I’ll demonstrate adding a List of Values (LOV) to the BIP report and the steps involved in it. Many times end users request to add a List of Values to the parameters in the report so that users can select parameter values from LOV.
- Oracle Fusion SaaS Instance with necessary roles to create reports.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and creating BIP reports (Refer to my previous blog to learn how to create a Report and Data Model with parameters).
In our previous blog we have created a data model and report with 2 parameters, now let’s add the LOV to the same data model and report. First, we need to add LOVs to the data model and those LOVs will be automatically reflected in the report linked with the data model.
Steps to add LOVs
- Open the data model created as part of our previous blog, click on List of Values and click on the + button to add a LOV as shown in the following screenshot.
- Now let’s add two LOVs, one for Currency and the second for Invoice Number to the data model by providing the necessary details like Name, Type, Data Source, and SQL Query as shown in the following screenshots:
- Now let’s link these LOVs to parameters. We need to change Parameter Type to Menu and then attach the correct List of Values to the parameter as shown in the following screenshots:
- Now we have successfully created and linked the LOVs to the parameter. Save the data model, all the LOV changes will be automatically reflected in the report.
Testing Data Model
- Click on Data and then select the values for the parameters from LOVs as shown in the following screenshot:
- After selecting the values from LOVs, click on view to see the results as shown in the following screenshot:
- Now we have successfully added LOVs and tested them.
- Create a report and link it with the data model created. All the LOVs will appear automatically in the report once the data model is linked. Provide the necessary values and click on Apply to view data as shown in the following screenshot:
- Now we have successfully tested the Report with LOV
You can add as many as LOVs in the Data model.
You can look at our YouTube channel for Oracle Integration-related videos. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our channel.