Installing Oracle Integration-3 Connectivity Agent
Oracle Integration Connectivity agent is a solution for hybrid integrations (public <-> private / on-premises). It works as a bridge between Oracle Integration and on-premises application. Allows SaaS applications to interact with on-premises applications.
Connectivity Agent components
The Oracle Integration connectivity agent has two following components:
1. SaaS Agent: It’s per instance agent run on an Integration instance to support communication with on-premises apps.
2. On-premises Agent: The Agent needs to be downloaded and installed in the internal network of apps such as Oracle EBS, Oracle Siebel, Oracle JD Edwards, third-party apps, etc.
LEARN ORACLE Integration end to end
AN END-END-END Oracle Integration COURSE THAT WILL HELP YOU TO LEARN ORACLE Integration QUICKLY.
CLICK HERE TO BUY THIS COURSE.
Key Points of Connectivity Agent
- No ports are opened on the on-premises system for communication.
- Communication between Oracle Integration and on-premises apps is secured using SSL.
- The on-premises connectivity agent registers with Oracle Integration over SSL using the provided Oracle Integration credentials.
- The on-premises connectivity agent regularly polls by making outbound requests through the firewall.
- The on-premises connectivity agent can use a proxy to access the internet.
- Data is not persisted in the on-premises agent.
Connectivity Agent in High Availability
The connectivity agent can be installed in high availability mode to prevent a single point of failure:
- Reduces the risk of a single point of hardware failure.
- Provides a reliable on-premise connectivity solution.
- Install connectivity agent on the separate machines to ensure High Availability
About Agent Group
- An identifier that represents the agent.
- Needs to be created in the Oracle Integration.
- Refer it while installing the connectivity agent.
- Use it during connection creation with on-premise apps.
Now, let’s look at how to install a connectivity agent end-to-end with the help of a short video. Click on the following link and watch the complete video:
If you like this article, please like, comment, and share. Request you to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such videos and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel to get regular updates.