Scheduled Integration in Oracle Integration Cloud Service
Let’s take a look at how to achieve Scheduled integration.
From the Integration Screen page, Click on the Create button and select the Orchestration pattern
The first thing, we will see when creating an integration is the Create New Integration Dialog box
As we can see the dialog has a new toggle option which defaults to represent the common approach to Orchestration, that being event triggered by an event or object defined by a connection.
Let’s configure the options shown in the Create New Integration Dialog box
- What triggers this integration: Select Schedule. This is the option that creates the Scheduled integration itself
- What do you want to call your integration: Enter any name of choice.
- What does this integration do: Enter the description of the integration
- Identifier: Identifier would be picked automatically as soon as, Integration name will be entered. However, we can edit this
- Version: Version of the integration
- Which package does this integration belong to: Enter any package name of your choice. This is optional and can be left blank
- Only Once: This is the default selection. This selection clears all settings except for the From field.
- Hours and Minutes: Specify the hours and minutes at which to run the integration.
- Days: Specify the days on which to run the integration
- Weeks: Specify the weeks during which to run the integration
- Months: Specify the months during which to run the integration
- In the This schedule is effective section, click the link to the right of From.
- A menu is displayed for defining the start date of the schedule.
- If you want to start the integration run when the schedule is activated:
- Click When schedule starts.
- If you want to explicitly set an integration run start date:
- Select Modify start date.
- Click the Calendar icon to select the month, year, and day and the hour, minute, and second at which to start the integration run.
- Click OK.
- In the Until section, click the link to the right.
- A menu is displayed for defining the expiration date.
- If you want the schedule run to never expire:
- Select Never (repeat indefinitely)
- If you want the integration run to have a fixed expiration date:
- Select Choose expiry date.
- Click the Calendar icon to select the month, year, and day and the hour, minute, and second at which to end the integration run.
- Click OK.