Plan in Oracle API Cloud Service (CS)
Plans are used to group and entitle access for client applications to a set of APIs, enforcing some quality of service or access control criteria.
A plan can entitlement to one or multiple APIs. Multiple plan can be created to access the same API.
Below basic use cases why plans are required:
Levels of Cost. For Example: Gold, Silver, Bronze plan. The Gold plan may have unlimited access of APIs on higher cost. Silver plan may serve 1000 request per day on medium cost. Silver plan may service 100 request / day on lower cost
Different Set of APIs. One plan provide access to all Employees APIs however another plan provide access to all Payroll APIs
Level of Access. One plan provide access to all API to developers however another plan provide access to other set of APIs to tester
Below are the steps to create Plan
- Login to API CS console and navigate to the Plan
- Click on Create button
- Enter below information from the Plan Dialog and click Create button
- Plan Name: Enter plan name
- Version(Optional): Enter version number of the plan
- Description(Optional): Enter brief description of the plan
- The plan has been created and would be visible under the plan list
Enable restriction in the plan
- Click on MyPlan and Settings tab
- There are two settings can be applied there:
- Plan Rate Limits
- Click the All option to allow the plan to invoke APIs through all gateways to which an API is deployed.
- Click the Specific option to select specific gateways through which the plan can invoke APIs. Click in the field below the option to display a list and select a gateway. To select additional gateways, click in the field again to display the list and choose a gateway
- Click on the Entitlements tab